Comprehensive Energy Data Intelligence
Information About Energy Companies, Their Assets, Market Deals, Industry Documents and More...
Rextag: first 2019 GIS Data Update02/06/2019
As promised, the latest Rextag GIS Data Update has been released. Here are some of the highlights and some examples of what you will find in the overhauled first update of 2019.
High Addition of Digitized Miles of Pipelines:
- Our team has added more than 33,000 miles of digitized pipelines to this update, possibly the largest update in pipeline mileage in many years.
- On top of this major mileage addition, more pipeline mileage is scheduled to be digitized and to be included in the next updates.
Improved Pipeline Diameter Attribution:
- Our team added new diameter values to more than 25,000 miles of pipelines, with more expected to be added over the next year of updates!
- In addition to changes and updates to the current attributes, we have added information on numerous facilities (Terminals, Processing Plants, etc.) and we have changed and improved the data attributes and values to the existing records.
- Furthermore, we are planning to make updates to our facilities data layers a major focus of our GIS Data Update process in 2019.
New Financial Tables:
- To our clients in the finance industry, you would be glad to know that our team has added financial reports on publicly traded companies in the U.S.—along with information on their stock symbols and marketplace.
- The financial tables will be maintained and updated on the same schedule as our GIS data and they will contain information obtained from companies’ public filings.
- An example of potential use of this data: to visualize pipeline owner’s asset values as reported on a company’s balance sheet.
Improved Data Quality:
- We have improved the spatial accuracy of tens of thousands of digitized pipeline miles!
- Further spatial improvements are planned over the next few months.
Expansion of Attributes:
- We have expanded the number of data attributes to house more information we consider of significant value to our data users.
- Some of the attributes may appear “empty” at first, but fear not! We will be filling it the blanks in future updates.
Please feel free to reach out to our team with any questions or concerns on our Contact page
Drillinginfo has announced a new strategic collaboration with Hart Energy’s Rextag unit to create a combined midstream business product. The Drillinginfo-Rextag integration provides a cutting-edge solution with all relevant datasets in one platform, which provides powerful context and unprecedented infrastructure siting and mapping.
Drillinginfo stated on Jan. 29 it formed a new strategic collaboration with Hart Energy’s Rextag unit for the purpose of creating a combined midstream business product.
On June 16 Targa Resources Corp. decided to acquire Lucid Energy Group, located in the Permian Basin, which is a part of Riverstone Holdings LLC and Goldman Sachs Asset Management. Firstly, Targa enlarged due to the recent “blot-on” acquisition of Southcross Energy in the Eagle Ford for $200 million and it will become bigger thanks to the $3.55 billion cash transaction. Targa’s financial position allowed it to utilize convenient opportunities to extend its company so it bought #Lucid using available cash and debt with an estimated pro forma year-end 2022 leverage around 3.5 times. According to Targa’s estimates, the acquisition of Lucid will increase the number of natural gas pipelines by 1,050 miles and add about 1.4 Bcf/d of cryogenic natural gas processing capacity in service or under construction located mainly in Eddy and Lea counties of New Mexico. The investment-grade producers source approximately 70% of current system volumes. According to the press release, a full-year standalone adjusted EBITDA is expected to be between $2.675 billion and $2.775 billion and reported year-end leverage ratio of about 2.7 times. Targa’s updated financial expectations assume NGL composite prices average $1.05 per gallon, crude oil prices average $100/bbl, and Waha natural gas prices average $6 per MMBtu for the remainder of 2022.
Your team’s ESG performance can be greatly improved applying the asset co-location analysis within upstream or midstream use cases. This has been a topic for a discussion at Rextag’s ‘Is ESG Improvement Next Door?’ webinar. We reviewed some cases like curbing gas flaring or renewable energy sourcing to power the fossil fuel infrastructure. Many combinations are available with access to the data Rextag provides on wells, acreages, power lines, substations, and such renewable infrastructure as wind turbines, methane landfills, etc.
BPPlc agreed on June 13 to exit the Canadian oil sands in an asset swap with Cenovus Energy Inc. potentially worth up to CA$1.2 billion. 50% non-operated interest in the #SunriseOilSands project will be sold by BP in an agreement reached with Cenovus Energy, a company based in Alberta. Two companies agreed on the following conditions: total consideration for the transaction includes CA$600 million in cash, additionally, a contingent payment with a maximum aggregate value of CA$600 million expiring after two years, and concerning Cenovus, it will have a 35% position in the undeveloped Bay du Nord project offshore Newfoundland and Labrador. Current production from the Sunrise Oil Sands asset is about 50,000 bbl/d and the company anticipates achieving a nameplate capacity of 60,000 bbls/d through a multi-year development program.